Tuesday, January 13, 2009

little sweater

last 2 years i was all about hats. everybody got a hat for winter (if you didn't let me know i'll correct that). i figure that with my tendency to leave projects unfinished (the fall-colored blanket i started 2 falls ago is still not finished... it's really large, but it never got done), it's jsut the right size of project -- by the time you're tired of knitting more of the same, it's time to start reducing the size and shaping the top.

i don't think i would ever knit a full grownup sweater, i'll just end up quitting halfway through.
but a baby size sweater... that's just the right size project!
here is one i finished this weekend:

the pattern is based on this one, modified to fit the yarn and needles i had.

the next one is going to be 2 shades of blue. i had to start it over a couple of times because my gauging wasn't right. must be temporary stupidity ;)

update: here it is..

3 comments:

Sandy K. said...

Nice job! I think the cabling you added makes the sweater much nicer (plus, it's more fun to cable.) I hope my own projects turn out as well.

Bridgeta said...

it is amazing, dear!

dikla said...

Nice job, knitting blue... you'll be so overflooded with pink and white (or pink and pink or white and white, or pink and white and pink....- you get my point, right?), that it will be refreshing to see something else.