Saturday, January 31, 2009

birthday celebrations

a few days ago, Ben got a care package full of good things:) -- these are pictures of him, going through the box. every night he reads a story from one of the books!

since i was out of town on ben's actual birthday, we delayed the celebrations to today: the both of us spent the evening at one of Chicago's finest, Fogo de Chao.
lots and lots and LOTS of perfectly prepared meat, and an outstanding salad bar. mmmmm!
i think i'm going to be in a food coma for hours. which is probably good, if it gets me to me sleep all night long!

5 comments:

dalia said...

I hope that you will be happy to eat there again in april, when sandy and gary comes over to see us and we will celebrate, with a big chunk of meat (and salad, of course).

dalia said...

Ben, get ready for reading me and odi bed-time stories, in hebrew, from the books.

Ron: "YEP, THERE WILL BE A TEST!!!"

bk said...

Damn, a test? I am getting my butt kicked by the magic zoo book. I'm doing better with the digdoogim :).

keren said...

yes, that book (zoo) is definitely not a beginner's choice. the author's attempt to rhyme resulted in using language that you would rarely come across in a normal conversation.

the pictures are nice though :)

Bridgeta said...

happy birthday Ben, and all the best, Birgit