Thursday, June 21, 2007

more photos

i'm having some computational difficulties (i.e., my stupid code doesn't do what i want it to do), so i'm taking a break from work. maybe something will hit my stupid brain while i rest it over some fun pictures.

so as you know from the previous posts (i'm pretending now that someone is actually reading this blog), Assaf was in town for a week, and Eran came over from Pasadena for a couple of days, so we took them both around town to the obvious tourist attractions.


Having drinks at the John Hancock tower (see prev. post)

The bridges over the Chicago River opened to let a few tall few through. The traffic stopped for a good half hour on Micigan ave while the road block remained down long time after the bridges flattened down. The pedestrians were very obedient for a while, but at some point gave up and crossed the bridge.
I took a sequence of photos of the bridge opening, if i have enough energy i might make a short movie...


By the "blob" at Millennium park.


Quite different from the wintery scene at the same place, this exhibit at the Millennium Park drew people of all ages to get some wet relief from the hot spring day.


The snaking line to the Shedd aquarium. It starts a little bit to the right of this photo, and ends at the stairs on the top-right side of the picture (see closeup).
Why would people want to spend a nice sunny day waiting in line for 3 hours? beats me. The exhibition is nice and all, but by the time they get in the museum will close!
we didn't plan on museuming that day -- Assaf and I walked down to Meigs Field, a man-made peninsula that used to be an airport for small planes, and was destroyed by the mayor a few years ago. Assaf was especially interested in it because he used to fly in and out of there all the time. in his flight simulator, of course.
The airport is now an open flat field with wild flowers, seems like a piece of nature in the middle of town.
(Those of you with sharp eyes, will notice that the picture above was taken before the spaceship landed on Soldier Field).

5 comments:

bk said...

I'm reading it! I've just been AWOL :(. Sorry. Do you still love me?

bk said...

I'm just not writing much myself. Laptop death hasn't helped me with this.

Sandy K. said...

I check this blog everyday, along with the TAF blog, even if I don't take time to comment. So there.

keren said...

:) i still love you. i always will. your new laptop is on its way!

thanks Sandy :) now i know i'm not talking to myself...

dalia said...

I am Dalia -from Israel.We all read and enjoy.We will soon send you some photos to proove the fact that we dont have much time to write.Keep on writing -this is my daily newspaper!!!!!!
I don't read anything else (except for the "to-do-list" we made together before you left