Monday, June 25, 2007

Beach voley ball

On sunday we met a few friends from work for a friendly game of beach volley ball. I even got to play, and managed to hit the ball and even make it go over the net some times. In one game i even didn't make us lose, which is a big deal, considering that the last time i played any type of volley ball was in 7th grade. Everybody had fun, including Cami, which was happy to stay on the automatic "sports" configuration the whole time.
We went to north beach, parking was a bitch, and we decided that maybe next time we would park half way between home and the beach, and continue with rollerblade/running. See how that works out.

here are some pictures:


Ben and Max in action.


Andrei, in a representative shot.

Chris and Max


Doug, out of focus. it was a quick shot and i didn't have time.


Ben relaxing after diving head first after a ball and landing in the sand. [note to self: i should blurr out the background in this picture]. at the end of the game he was hatless, shirtless, and covered in 2 mm of sand allover. which he rinsed off in the coooooold lake. brr.

At beer O'clock we continued to Duke of Perth, for some wee heavys and chocolate stout.

4 comments:

bk said...

What do you mean you didn't make us lose? You made us win the second game, and I made us lose the last game. You and Chris get the trophy for MVP (most valuable player).

dalia said...

So we have a team and we have beer.As far as I remember Omer is very good at volley ball.I also used to be good 7th grade.How were you Sandy? Shell we make it boys against girls?

dalia said...

by the way, Sandy, I never catch you on the mesenger.Are you ever there?I miss our chets very much.):

Sandy K. said...

I think I'm not at the computer as often now that the weather is good. Grady and I spend lots more time outside. I will email you.
And I don't think I'm very good at volleyball. Gary would be better. I would be good with the beer though. ;)