Wednesday, May 2, 2007

things i almost forgot about living with the parents

1. quiet(1). it's 2AM. sheket, kulam yeshenim...
well, not that quiet, actually (need sound):


2. quiet(2). it's oh so quiet. i close my eyes at night, and i can hear the blood streaming in my ears. the road is too far away, and there's no "dingdong, doors closing". ever.

3. traffic. i almost forgot how bad traffic is in TA. it's terrible. the average driver is inconsiderate, pushy, and doesn't acknowledge your existence or right to be on the same road as him/her. they don't indicate their intention, and they keep changing lanes without notice. mostly it's just a gradual "drifting" into your lane, forcing you to move to another lane. i can write a lot more about this... maybe the few months of minimal driving got to me.

4. kuku baken (i will take a picture and put it here. although i think it should also be on the recipe book!!)

5. surprises. in the refrigerator, the kitchen cupboards... some of them are at least 5 months old.

6. groceries appearing magically in the refrigerator :)

7. the phone rings, and it's not for me.

8. "aba, can i take your car?"

9. TV. there's one, at the parents' bedroom. way after midnight, they sleep, the TV is on.
ron: the TV is on.
me: i know.
ron: should i turn it off?
me: yea, turn it off.
ron: but it will wake them up, no?
me: a truck wouldn't wake them up :)

10. tea. dad making tea for me. dad not remembering that i drink my tea without sugar or milk. it's not because i haven't been here in a long time, it was always like that :)

11. mmmmmmmmmm smells of cake baking :D. ima's great cooking.

1 comment:

nogaboga said...

The traffic in TA. Becky says it's exactly like the Boston drivers. I find it hard to believe that anywhere in the Western world could be quite as bad as TA.