Monday, October 22, 2012

Spring bulbs

finally had my chance to plant my bulbs. the ground was damp from all the rain and easy to dig, and the sun was out, making it a perfect day to work in your garden. Ben was back from the wedding, Daniel was taking a nap, and Ella was busy watching a movie. I dug up the front garden and got ready to plant the bulbs that have been waiting for that moment for a few weeks now, only to discover that... they're all moldy and partly rotten! ach! what a disappointment. so i went out and bought a bunch of new ones (marked down by 60%! hooray!) and finally put them in the ground. now we have to sit back and wait for spring to see how that worked out. should be a pretty mix of white and purple. :)

Ella came out and helped me. The chicken wire is to prevent the squirrels from digging up the bulbs. I also left out a couple of bowls full of pumpkin guts for the squirrels to munch on.

No comments: