Monday, July 23, 2012

Art fair

last week was Ann Arbor's art fair, which takes over most of downtown and campus area. I took a couple of lunch breaks to look at stuff. I really wish it was a smaller fair, after touring the first few streets everything started looking the same and quite repetitive... but i did note some of the things that i found impressive during the first day.

  • this work by Stephen Kinnard was my favorite.
  • Brian Jensen's art reminded me a lot of Rinat Hoffer. Even ben said he kept expecting to see a picture of Hatzav Bitzbuts hanging there.
  • the next artist uses a very interesting technique of "reverse painting on acrylic glass with enamel pigments. " (see his website). the picture truly can't express the vibrancy of these pictures, which are priced way out of my comfort zone.
  • and last, the textures and colors here reminded me a lot of my mom's, and i thought the intrusions and sculptures were a very interesting concept. it's a wooden construction, not canvas. website

  • 1 comment:

    dalia said...

    נראה מאוד מעניין.גם אני מאוד אהבתי את הצילום .מקסים. ואכן ,רינת הופר הגיעה לאן ארבור. אני מבינה שממש יצרו שם גלריות ברחוב.האם כל האמנים מאן ארבור?האם היריד מתקיים כל קיץ?עוד סיבה טובה לברוח מחום הארץ אליכם בשנה הבאה