Wednesday, March 25, 2009

35 weeks


i think i almost look like i'm wearing a pregnant lady costume.
but let me assure you - i feel very very pregnant. and starting to feel pretty big too. the baby and i are still doing well, i'm still tireder than normal, but that's not surprising - she's supposed to gain at least another Kg or so (~2.4 pounds), going by average fetal growth.
and to show you all (and us...) that i AM gaining weight, we wrote down the measurements from the doctor's office - here's a plot. the error bars represent our uncertainty in the ability of the nurses to actually measure weight with the old-fashion nurse-office scale.
the solid red line is taken from this "Average fetal length and weight chart". i shifted it so that it coincides with my weight at the week 16 appointment.
you would notice that there's no "zeropoint", i.e., i don't have a pre-pregnancy weight measurement... sorry... i just have no idea what my weight was before.
but since it doesn't look like i changed much (besides the watermelon under my shirt), i can only assume that it's balanced by the cumulative weight of placenta, my larger boobs, larger uterus, amniotic fluid, and increased blood volume... well, it's hard ot be super scientific when you lack data-points!



by the way, look at the orchid in the picture! isn't it nice? it's been doing really well. all 4 flowers are open and blooming :)

1 comment:

dalia said...

I dont know much about the graf you drow. I know what I see. And I can say very truly that you look great!!!As well as your orchid.