Tuesday, June 1, 2010

superstitions

i like to think of myself as someone who is very connected to logic. and even though i accept people's right to hold different views, i sometimes have to hold myself back to not make fun at their beliefs (in, e.g., astrology, psychics, palm reading, numerology...). i laugh inside about how some people run their lives according to what they read in the astrology page in the newspaper, and move on.

but i do admit to one superstitious behavior: i never store away my notebooks before i get the results of the exam.
or as it applies to my current life (of no more exams!), i hold on to clearing data from my hard drive until the paper gets accepted.

this leads to fatal diskspace crises and error messages of "no space left on device", which could be easily solved if i had just moved the 92G of my recently finished project to a storage drive. i just can't bring myself to do that.

that is also why i don't edit new movies and don't upload them to the blog. sigh.

2 comments:

Sandy K. said...

Not superstitious, just cautious. It's like how I keep boxes from new small appliances for a few weeks--if you gotta send it back cause it doesn't work right, you need the box.

ERS said...

Kind of like how Kevin wears the same underwear for two weeks before a job interview.....just a cautious guy I guess.